Written By ESR Information Weblog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Lawyer Lester Rosen, founder and Chief Govt Officer (CEO) of main international background test agency Employment Screening Sources® (ESR), will current a reside webinar titled “Background Checks: Finest Practices, Traits, and Authorized Compliance” on Tuesday, July 7, 2020, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pacific Time. To register, go to https://auroratrainingadvantage.com/webinars/background-checks-1/.
On this webinar hosted by Aurora Coaching Benefit, Rosen – writer of “The Secure Hiring Handbook” – will clarify the fundamentals of background checks for employers. Only one unhealthy rent can create a major and monetary nightmare, together with lawsuits for negligent hiring, theft, office violence, and having unqualified employees on the job. Nonetheless, background checks are additionally more and more topic to litigation, laws, and regulation.
Worker issues are brought on by downside staff, and the webinar will assist HR professionals keep away from unhealthy hires within the first place by training due diligence of their hiring applications. Employers will get up to date on federal and state legal guidelines, lawsuits, and rules controlling pre-employment screening background checks and audit their present practices for authorized compliance. Webinar attendees will:
- Study why background checks and due diligence have change into mission essential for employers.
- Perceive the fundamentals of a negligent hiring lawsuit and defenses that work and don’t work.
- Study the fundamentals of background checks together with why and the way it’s carried out.
- Study steps your group can take at the moment to implement a legally compliant program and to rent one of the best staff.
- Learn the way the federal Honest Credit score Reporting Act (FCRA) and state legal guidelines affect screening and authorized necessities for background checks.
- Perceive the present explosion at school motion lawsuits associated to background checks.
- Be launched to the screening business and the way it operates.
- Perceive the rights or customers and the obligations of employers and screening companies.
- Audit your present practices for authorized compliance.
The webinar is permitted for 1.5 normal recertification credit score hours towards normal recertification by the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Aurora Coaching Benefit is acknowledged by the Society for Human Sources Administration (SHRM) to supply Skilled Growth Credit (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This webinar is legitimate for 1.5 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that based the Skilled Background Screening Affiliation (PBSA) – a nonprofit group representing the background screening business previously referred to as the Nationwide Affiliation of Skilled Background Screeners (NAPBS) – and served as the primary co-chair. In 2019, he was awarded the PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Employment Screening Sources® (ESR) was based by Rosen in 1997 in Northern California. ESR is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Sort 2 audits, adheres to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privateness Defend Framework, and was named one of many prime background screening companies in 2019 by HRO Right this moment Journal’s Baker’s Dozen. To be taught extra about ESR, go to www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Sources® (ESR) doesn’t
present or supply authorized companies or authorized recommendation of any sort or nature. Any
data on this web site is for instructional functions solely.
© 2020 Employment Screening Sources® (ESR) – Making
copies of or utilizing any a part of the ESR Information Weblog or ESR web site for any goal
aside from your individual private use is prohibited until written authorization is
first obtained from ESR.